Day of Treatment Instructions
- No lotions, creams, make up in area to be treated.
- Inform the therapist of any changes in medical history.
- Inform the therapist of all medications you are taking.
Post- Treatment Instructions
Post care includes no aggressive products for 48 hours after treatment and SPF of at least 30 should be worn when outdoors.
Immediately after your Micro-Needling procedure, your therapist will apply moisturizer and sunscreen. Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. When exposed to sun, always use sun screen SPF30 or above. You may clean your face with a gentle cleanser before bed.
- Redness or sensitivity might be present (and last up to a few days) after the treatment. This is totally normal.
- Peeling may start 2-5 days after the treatment. Do not pick or scratch at treated skin but instead keep moisturized.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or sweating for 24 hours due to open pores.
- Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after the treatment.
- May use cool compresses after if excessive discomfort, burning, redness, or swelling.
- Avoid sun exposure for 3 days and if possible 10 days. Apply a minimum of SPF 30 every 2 hours if outdoor.
- May use mineral makeup after 24 hours.
- Restart regular skin care regimen in 48 hours and Retin A in 72 hours.
Recommended follow up and repeat treatments in 3 weeks and for best results a series of 3 – 5 treatments.
Approximate Treatment Time: 45 min – Price of Treatment: €110.