Are you worried about aging skin and fine lines but don’t want to go to drastic measures to resurface the skin?
How Does Micro-Needling Work?
Micro-needling, is a minimally invasive skin treatment which helps to rejuvenate and improve the appearance of the skin.
A “derma-pen” device with about 12-24 super fine needles which creates tiny punctures in the first layer of the skin. This needling action basically triggers the skin’s healing response, which prompts the skin to heal and create new collagen and elastin to form, while helping breakdown the old collagen.
The tiny skin perforations also cause the increased absorption of the skin-enriching products which we use during the micro-needling skin treatment.
As a result your skin will be more plump, and you will face the world looking refreshed and radiant.
Derma–pen Micro-Needling Treatment
How long does it take to see results from micro needling?
Visible skin rejuvenation can be seen after just one session. However, it may take 6-8 weeks to see the optimum results from the micro-needling procedure. Results will continue to improve further over time, as the skin regenerates.
How many micro-needling sessions will I need?
Normally, a course of 3-6 Derma–pen treatments is recommended to achieve optimum micro needling results. However, skin improvement is noticeable after just one treatment, in conjunction with a good home skincare regime.
Pre-Treatment Instructions (From 6 months – 2 days before treatment)
- Avoid use of Accutane for 6 months before treatment.
- Avoid any retinoid containing creams or treatments, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone, sunburn, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to procedure.
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis or laser 5-7 days prior to the treatment.
- Use an anti-viral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if you have a history of cold sores.
- Active cold sores.
- Herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated.
- Open sores.
- Sunburned skin, or excessively sensitive skin within the application area.
- Dermatitis or inflammatory rosacea within the treated area.
Day of Treatment Instructions
- No shaving of the area on the day of the procedure.
- No lotions, creams, make up in area to be treated.
- Inform the therapist of any changes in medical history.
- Inform the therapist of all medications you are taking.
- No significant changes in the skin recently reported including breakdown of skin or excess dryness or sunburn.
- Make sure your skin is clean without creams, oil, makeup, powder, perfume or sunscreen.
Post Micro-Needling Treatment Care
Looking after your skin after your micro-needling is especially important to see results faster and make sure that no sensitivity occurs. Immediately after your Micro-Needling procedure, your therapist will apply moisturizer and sunscreen
Therefore, we recommend in the 48hours after your micro-needling treatment to:
- Not use any aggressive products such as exfoliators or chemical based products
- SPF of at least 30 should be worn when outdoors.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for 3 days and if possible 10 days. When exposed to sun, always use sun screen SPF30 or above.
- You can cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser before bed the day of treatment
- May use mineral based makeup after 24 hours.
- Redness or sensitivity might be present (and last up to a few days) after the treatment. This is totally normal.
- Peeling may occur 2-5 days after the treatment. Do not pick or scratch at treated skin but instead keep moisturized.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or sweating for 24 hours due to open pores.
- Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after the treatment.
- May use cool compresses after if excessive discomfort, burning, redness, or swelling.
- Restart regular skin care regimen in 48 hours and Retin A in 72 hours.
We recommended that you follow up and repeat treatments in 3 weeks. For best results a series of 3 – 5 treatments.
Treatment Time: 45 min
Let’s Talk About Peels
CHEMICAL SKIN PEELS, HOW DO THEY WORK?
There are many benefits tied to a professional chemical peel including the improvement of your overall skin health.
A chemical peel helps your skin combat aging by removing the dead outer layers of the skin, revealing the fresh, new skin below. Removing this upper dead layer of skin also allows your skin to absorb more nutrients from the products you use.
With these extra nutrients, your damaged skin can repair itself back to its natural glow. A chemical peel also helps fight the effects of the sun and outdoor elements that cause skin damage.
THE BENEFITS OF A SKIN CHEMICAL PEEL
- Reducing fine lines & wrinkles
- Give your skin a softer, smoother appearance
- Improve Acne and even help your skin fight future break outs
- Help reduce acne scars
- Help uneven skin pigmentation and reduce unwanted discolouration.
- Reduce or even remove age spots & freckles
- Give a glow back to dull tired skin
- Remove rough skin and scaly patched
Help resurface sun damaged-skin Treatment Time: 30 min
Price: €80 to €85 Euro
We are proud to be a partner with IMAGE SKINCARE. All of our Peels are performed using their amazing products and we have a collection of products for sale post treatment.
What Is A Microdermabrasion Facial?
What to expect from your Micro-dermabrasion treatment
If you are planning to book your first microdermabrasion treatment, here’s what to expect during your treatment:
- The procedure generally takes 30 minutes, during which you will feel some scratching and vibrating as the uppermost layer of the epidermis is buffed away.
- You may experience some redness immediately following the treatment (you may look like you just left the gym).
- Your skin may be more sensitive to the sun, so make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen.
How Microdermabrasion Works
Microdermabrasion uses either small crystalline particles or diamond-coated paddles to remove or exfoliate the top layer of dead cells. Just like sandpaper smooths a wood’s surface, these particles remove the uppermost layer of the skin epidermis.
This exfoliation action stimulates your body’s natural healing process. For skin, this means that your body will make more collagen and better-hydrated cells, to rise to the surface. This will give your skin improved texture and elasticity.
Microdermabrasion devices generally have a built-in vacuum that removes the dead cells (and leftover abrasive particles) so that treatment won’t clog pores. Sometimes microdermabrasion is combined with other facial treatments like chemical peels to maximize the benefits of the facial treatment.
If you are considering microdermabrasion, contact us here at Advanced Electrolysis Clinic and we will be happy to go through the treatment process with you. While most people are good candidates for the treatment, there are a few conditions that may delay microdermabrasion treatment.
Treatment Time: 30 min
So Happy Together: Microdermabrasion & Chemical Peels (40%AHA)
What is the difference between Microdermabrasion & a Chemical skin peel?
Microdermabrasion removes much of the top layer of skin in the epidermis, while a chemical peels drives antioxidants into the living part of the skin, the dermis. Basically, microdermabrasion is “mechanical” exfoliation and chemical peels are “chemical” exfoliation.
How does a micro-peel Work?
Before your treatment a Chemical peels is selected based on your individual skin type. There are a variety of chemical peels suitable for acne, pigmentation and anti-aging. We will use whatever your skin needs. A micro-peel facial starts with one microdermabrasion treatment and chemical peel treatment to see what positive changes we can induce in your skin.
What are the Benefits of a Professional Micro-Peel Treatment?
With the first microdermabrasion treatment, only a small portion of the epidermis is removed, so there is little to no downtime for you skin. Your skin may appear pink for a few hours following treatment. Professional micro-peel exfoliation helps stimulate collagen production in your skin, helping the skin to appear softer and smoother, even after just one treatment at Advanced Electrolysis Clinic. After your treatment, Your makeup will apply smoother and the products you use at home will become more effective because they will be able penetrate deeper layers of the living skin instead of sitting on top of dead skin.
Treatment Time: 45 min
(Previous Use Of A Chemical Peel Treatment Or Skin Care Regime Is Essential)
What is a micro-resurfacing facial peel?
What happens during your micro-resurfacing skin treatment?
First, a mechanical microdermabrasion exfoliation process is performed, after which glycolic acid is applied to the skin.
What to expect from your micro-resurfacing treatment?
This treatment is known as the “Lunch Time Peel” because there is no redness or swelling after treatment. You can easily have a micro-resurfacing treatment on your lunch break and go back to work and your colleagues would be none the wiser. Apart from your fresh glowing skin (of course)
Who is a micro-resurfacing treatments good for?
This signature Image skincare treatment is best for those looking to get the glow back into dull, tired, and aging skin. It is the best maintenance facial for those in their 30’s and 40’s. It is also great for acne-prone and oily skin types